Article 24.2 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, of 29 October, which establishes the organisation of official university education, amended by Royal Decree 861/2010, of 2 July, states that: “Before the expiration of six years from the date of their initial verification or from the date of their last accreditation, official Bachelor’s and Doctoral degrees must have renewed their accreditation in accordance with the procedure and deadlines that the Autonomous Communities establish in relation to the universities in their area of competence. Article 27 bis establishes that the initial accreditation of official degrees must be renewed periodically from the date of their verification by the “University Council” or from the date of their last accreditation.
In accordance with the aforementioned legislation, the evaluation process for the renewal of accreditation will include, in any case, a visit by external experts to the University, with the Agency for Quality Assurance in the Galician University System (Axencia para a Calidade do Sistema Universitario de Galicia (ACSUG)), within the scope of the Autonomous Community of Galicia, being responsible for carrying out the assessment for the renewal of accreditation, in accordance with the evaluation protocols that were established jointly between the evaluation agencies that meet the European Quality Criteria and Standards.
The objectives of the renewal of the accreditation of official university degrees are:
- To guarantee that the implementation of the degree has been carried out in accordance with the verified report, with adequate resources, obtaining the expected results and supported by a quality assurance system.
- To ensure that the degree has had an appropriate monitoring process and that the quantitative and qualitative information obtained has been used to analyse its development and generate the appropriate proposals for improvement.
- Ensure that relevant and pertinent public information is available for the different stakeholders in the university system. Recommendations and/or suggestions for improvement for the degree.
The evaluation for the renewal of accreditation is based both on the fulfilment of the commitments assumed for the teaching of the degree and on the results obtained by the degree.
- Link to the ACSUG website with programme information
- Evaluation guide for the renewal of accreditation of official degrees
In the 2015-2016 academic year, the Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering given jointly with the EEI passed the first accreditation process.
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering